All it takes is 3 chords and a dream!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Times They Are A-Changin'...

Hello folks! It appears that it's time to shake things up a bit.

I've been doing this blog now for about 28 months (838 days to be exact), publishing 1,818 full-length reviews, an average of more than two per day. I love doing this, which is why I've continued doing it this way for so long with essentially no money coming in, but I've come to the realization that I simply can not maintain the pace I have over the past two years. Don't worry, Wildy's World isn't going anywhere. Going forward, we will be publishing one featured review per day. A featured review is one like we've always published, with a breakdown of songs, an introduction including a bit of biography, etc. For all others we will be going to an encapsulated format. These will not necessarily show up every day, but will be published a few times a week with multiple smaller reviews included.

These changes will allow us to focus a bit more time and energy on feature stories, interviews and covering general music news as well as providing information that might be helpful to independent artists. We will continue to cover major label artists as well. Also look for us to add features such as regularly updated new release listings and resource listings for those of you trying to create, record and market your music.

All things change over time. On a personal level, I need to make these changes in order to keep this fun. It is a hobby, and as such it comes second to family, work and other life responsibilities, but this is a way I can re-balance things and keep Wildy's World going as a solid resource for both musicians and music fans. I hope you'll stick around for the ride. Be well.

Wildy

No comments: